Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Learning and learning and learning!

Ollie is learning so so much at the minute. He just isn't a baby anymore! He is really growing up!

Ollie took his first steps with his vtech walker last week and it was awesome to see him looking so proud of himself and he is getting very good at cruising. He can get anywhere he wants to be. I'd say it will only be a matter of time before he is walking on his own.

James and I have also been wondering for some time about switching his night-time bottle to a cup of milk instead. His night-time bottle is the only bottle he has been getting as we switched the morning bottle to a cup months ago. Last night we gave it a go and it was a success.

I am currently trying to help him learn to feed himself. At feed times I give him and spoon to play with and I have a spoon also. He is already so good at getting the spoon to his mouth but is still working on getting food on the spoon! Were headed for a messy time until he knows how to do it well!

Also his first molar is almost fully broken through so I hope it bring him some well deserved relief!

After his "I'm independant, I don't need kisses and cuddles" phase he is back to his cuddly old self. He comes over to me when I am sitting on the couch and puts his head down beside me, not to mention that he lies down and cuddles any blanket, soft toy or pillow that is in his reach. Very cute.

1 comment:

  1. What a great time... they learn something new every day!
    Just stopping by from SITS wishing you a very Happy Wednesday!

    P.S. I'm giving away a subscription to House Beautiful on my blog www.sweeterliving.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete