Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's my birthday!

Well actually, my birthday is nearly over as it is 10.10pm. I have had such a lovely lovely day. It all started by getting a lovely lie-in until 9.00am and then James made me french toast with nutella and banana (divine!). I got 2 new beads for my pandora bracelet - a dangly musical note from James (because he is my educator in what music to listen to) and a pearl birthstone pandora bead from Ollie because pearl is his birthstone. I also got an electric toothbrush which I'm thrilled about because I have wanted one for ages. My teeth look super sparkly! My mother in law got me a wonderful pedicure foot spa.

I found out that my very good friend's waters broke early this morning. She is expecting a little girl. I am very excited and was hoping she would arrive today and share my birthday with me but it looks like she is waiting until tomorrow!

We took Ollie to Exploris Aquarium in Portaferry, about 1 hour drive from my house, and he LOVED it. He was mesmerised by all the fish swimming past him and he kept reaching out to grab them. We had a lovely lunch in the Portaferry Hotel before getting the ferry back across the lough and driving home.

When we got home my sister in law called round with a present for me... a gorgeous teal coloured top and a necklace to go with it. My friend Clare called round with a Lush box set. I've always wanted one but noone has ever got me one before. So pleased :)

I didn't get to see my mum today because she has a migraine but my stepdad came over to mind Ollie so James and I could go out for dinner. My present from mum and Harry was rock band for the Wii!! I have it all set up now and can't wait to play. Unfortunately Ollie is in bed and our living room is under his room so I will have to wait to play it!

James and I went for dinner to a gorgeous thai/ japanese place. I had crab to start, salt and lime seabass for main and thai caramelised bananas for desert. I also had a sour apple martini and a watermelon martini... the watermelon one was quite possibly the best cocktail I have ever had in my life.

I have had a lovely day. Can't believe I am now 25... 1/4 of a century!

My birthdays normally last a few days and this year is no exception. Tomorrow my brother and his girlfriend are coming over. I have never met her so am looking forward to that. On Saturday we are going on a picnic with my friend, her husband and baby and on Sunday I get a party tea at my mum's house! James is going to bake cupcakes for me.

I will upload photos of everything tomorrow. The computer is running toooooo slow to do it tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I want french toast with nutella...and breakfast in bed for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from SITS to say HI

    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to you!
    Happy birthday to Em....ma!
    Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a sparkly birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! :DD

    Sounds awesome. I loooove picnics, haha. Do have fun!

    Thanks for commenting/following btw. Yours is lovely too, most def. I will be back fersuure :D

    Cheers!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday - and hi to another N Ireland blogger!

    Do you know many? I have only come across a few, but we were thinking of trying to meet up some time.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated B-day! I am so embarrassed that I missed it ;)

    ReplyDelete