Monday, July 6, 2009

Has anyone ever told you you looked pregnant but you weren't?

Today, while I was on the bus into town, an elderly lady was sitting beside a rather big girl just behind me and I heard her ask, "when are you due... do you know what your having yet?" to which the girl replied "I'm not pregnant!". This was at the start of the 25 minute journey. Not a single other word was said by either of the ladies.

The weekend of Ollie's party my brother told me I looked pregnant and when I told him I was not, he said to my mum, "Mum look, doesn't Emma look pregnant?", to which my mum said that I didn't and told him not to be so rude. I was a little taken aback and upset by this because I have tried to lose weight... but it is sooooooooo hard.

I don't think I would ever say to someone about whether or not they looked pregnant until they said something about pregnancy first... I would never want to make the mistake the lady on the bus made. I remember when I was about 14 weeks pregnant, meeting James and his work collegues after work for a drink. One of the ladies there was whipering to the person beside her and pointing at me. I over heard them saying, "she definitely is..." and "it's not just fat". The lady then got my attention and told me congratulations. How brave of her!?

1 comment:

  1. AW I'm sorry! I hate that. I haven't had it happen to me yet but I am always worried about it. I have tried so hard but this belly hasn't budged yet :(

    ReplyDelete