Monday, August 10, 2009

Belfast Taste and Music Festival


I had no idea this was even on! James told Ollie and I on Friday that he was taking us for a surprise on Saturday and he would not tell us where we were going until we reached our destination! It was so exciting. James and I rarely have surprises!! We always know what dates were going on, what our christmas presents will be etc so this is the first surprise in a long time.

He took Ollie and I to the Belfast Taste and Music Festival. Yum! It was fantastic! There were about 25 stalls serving food that was being cooked by professional 5 star chefs and there was a big stage where music was being played... While we were there Juliet Turner played and it was lovely to sit on the grass and eat VERY good food listening to relaxing music!

Ollie had a crab cake (his first taste of crab ever) and seemed undecided on whether or not he liked he. He managed to eat the whole thing though... but would not dare to touch the coleslaw.



The first food I had was 2 massive jumbo shrimps in some weird tempura style batter with sweet potato puree and beetroot puree... it was divine! The batter tasted so so good.



and then I had a kangaroo burger! It was very nice and meaty... kind of like a beef burger but a much richy flavour. I didn't pig out... these portions were all tiny sized so that you could have a few different things!!


Ollie showed off some of his newly found standing skills... he likes an audience, and there were A LOT of people there.

I decided to spend the last of my money on a savoury item rather than a sweet item. I would normally choose a starter over a desert... I can't get enough of lovely, salty, savoury food :) These ribs were fantastic. I could eat ribs forever.


James spent the last bit of his money on a pastry selection... very fancy and a bit girly... it had a WARM, fresh baked scone with jam and clotted cream, a pastry and cream swan and a fruit and custard tart!


... and then it started tipping with rain so we left feeling relaxed, with Ollie asleep in his pram, and our tummies full!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds great. The food sure looked good. I LOVE Crab cakes thats for sure. I was driving today and saw that the fair is here and I didn't know it. Now you have me wanting to go to the fair even more then I did a few hours ago. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun and the food made my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun, but I wouldn't have tried the kangaroo burger.

    ReplyDelete