Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Number 11 on the list complete!

"Sew something and use it"

I found an online tutorial to make bean bags over at Lil Blue Boo and thought they were adorable. so I borrowed my mum's sewing machine, bought some fabric and got started. Mine are slightly different in that I have sewn felt letters on the top rather than using fabric paint. I am also using the same fabric for all 5 (to spell out OLLIE). I found a fabric that I thought looked quite crocodile-y since Ollie's room has a zoo theme and there are crocs on his border. I have not yet finished the other 4, but I can cross this off since Ollie is having fun playing with the first one (therefore being in use). He has never had a bean bag before and seems really intrigued by it.



I can't wait to finish the others!

13 comments:

  1. Oh, how cute! Good work girl!

    I do hope you feel better soon...

    Just stopping by from SITS to wish you a very happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's adorable!

    Hope you are feeling better.

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Good for you, getting more and more crossed off your list! Personally I love that fabric, looks very fresh and hip. Can't wait to see the others when you finish sewing them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! I love home made pillows.

    p.s. you have an award on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute!! I love it. Stopping by from sits..

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are soo cute. I want sewing to be my next obsession, I just need a sewing maching and someone to teach me.

    nice to see you're knocking things off your list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade pillows are the BEST! Just found you through MBC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, congrats on being first on SITS. I tried but didnt' make it.

    Love the pillow! I need to make a list too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is super cute! I came across your blog via SITS... love it! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!
    Congrats on being the first sits commenter today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute!!! Thanks for stopping by today...you might want to check out my other blog to enter my contest for the book...
    By The Book: How to Take Care of MY Kids.

    http://sarahbrownsfavoritethings.blogspot.com/

    Thanks again=)
    (SITS)

    ReplyDelete