Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ollie stands unaided (and a fascination with mummy's necklace)

Ollie finally learnt to stand all by himself! We were playing with his Tonka Truck in the living room during the week and I took my eyes off him for a second only to turn around and see him standing, not holding on to anything. The look of concentration on his face was priceless. I had my camera beside me and was desperate to capture the first time standing so that James could see when he came home, but I was terrified that if I moved I would either miss it or it would put him off and he would fall! It was so surreal to see but so exciting. He then took a step a couple of nights ago. He landed on his hands but I reckon it won't be long until I have a walker!!

Since the first time of standing unaided, he has been doing it a lot. He can not yet stand himself up from sitting, but he is working on it.

Here are some photos of him the other day when he emerged from my bedroom with a bead necklace of mine. When he discovered that I saw him with them he made a dash for it!




2 comments:

  1. Cute photos!

    Dropping by from sits.

    Happy Saturday everyone!

    Make it a happy day!

    Ms Cupcake
    Zen Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Ollie! My daughter is 11 months and she refuses to crawl. She hates it, but she can't stand on her own so I've become her human walker.

    ReplyDelete