Wednesday, April 11, 2012

This time last year...

... James and I had a fertility appointment at the hospital, on April 12th.

We had been trying for a baby for 14 months (since having our first miscarriage) and our Dr. sent a referral letter to the hospital.  While we were waiting for our appointment to come through we suffered another miscarriage.

The appointment was very invasive, but the Dr. told us that everything looked ok and as he had expected.  I had blood taken to rule out auto-immune disorders which can cause miscarriages.

The Dr. made another appointment for us for 3 months later, which would have been July.  I left the appointment feeling relieved to have been seen and hopeful that the tests would come back clear/ or we could at least figure out what was wrong.  It really felt like we were a step closer to having our second baby.

I posted on my blog about the appointment and wrote "I really hope it happens".  We wanted a baby so so much.

Little did I know that it would be the next month that we would find out we were expecting again.... and THIS time it was going to work out.

Here we are April 11th, 2012 with our second baby boy.  He is almost 3 months now and doing extremely well!  After all the trying, patience, heartbreak and disappointment, we got there in the end and we couldn't be any happier.  It took 2 1/2 years from the day we started trying for baby number 2.... until the day he arrived.  That's a long time, but we didn't give up hope.

I've got my dream. I've got an awesome husband, 2 healthy and happy little boys and a dog called Dexter.  I feel complete and I'm not even 30 yet!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you got your second baby :) We had fertility problems conceiving Jocelyn, too!

    ReplyDelete