Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Post-pregnancy baby bump...

....it feels like the bump won't go away this time!

I'm not overweight or fat.... but my body is SO not the same as it used to be.  Will it ever look the same as it did?  I didn't put on a lot of weight during the pregnancy and was all bump.  In fact, after I had given birth I weighed less than I have done in years.  Almost 3 months on, I still weigh less than I did when I was pregnant...All my pre-pregnancy clothes fit me....

BUT... my belly doesn't look the same.  It is wrinkly this time... covered in stretchmarks and sits like a little muffin top... my belly button looks WEIRD.  That part of my body doesn't look/ feel like me at all.  It was only a couple of weeks ago that I was lying in bed and Ollie was having a hilarious time stretching my belly for me.  He was delighted at the oddity.

It's strange knowing I won't ever look the same again... I won't ever wear a bikini again... and for now I like to keep my tummy covered at ALL times.  It's a small price to pay though isn't it..... the way your body changes, even though it may be changed forever.... have you seen my kids??  They're totally worth the sacrifice of a slim, smooth skinned, unmarked body!


1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat! I've never had a muffin top before!

    ReplyDelete