1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
James and I have been together for almost 8 years! 8 years is crazy long.... married for almost 5!
2. How did you meet?
James and I met while we were both working in a shop that sold games consoles etc. I worked on the shop floor and he worked upstairs in the stock room, we didn't see a lot of each other. I thought he was handsome.... but gloomy and dark, he never said much and I assumed he didn't like me.
I was already in a relationship when I started to have a crush on James... and the more time I spent with James, the more I liked him. My current relationship was boring as heck and there was no love there anymore. We had been together for almost 2 years and I think I stayed for that long out of habit.... because he was my first long term boyfriend. James and I finally got together after 4 months. It should have been a lot sooner but I was too silly to see that he was my soulmate.
3. How long have you been married?
It will be our 5th Anniversary this May!!! It's gone by so so fast!
4. Where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
Our venue choice was Belle Isle Castle in Enniskillen. The castle has been there since the early 17th Century and is surrounded by trees and gardens and the beautiful Lough Erne. We hired it for a whole weekend, starting on the Friday and leaving early Monday morning. I thought this would be a lovely idea considering a lot of my family were flying from England and also the fact that we were now having a wedding WEEKEND rather than a wedding DAY! We had 32 guests at our wedding.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
Hmmmm.... I tend to call him Jamesy! Nothing slushy gushy here!
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
I love that he is a seriously amazing daddy and husband. He is funny and makes me laugh/ smile.... and he takes care of me (us).... it's because of him that I am able to be a stay at home mum and have this amazing life :)
7. Tell us how he proposed?
James proposed 2 days before our 2nd year of being together.
He proposed to me at a music festival called Give It A Name in London. I was completely taken by surprise and so was James. It was totally unplanned. He popped the question with a jelly ring he nicked from a sweet stand. The proposal was perfect. He was on one knee in front of loads of people and I wasn't sure if he was joking or not... when I realised he was serious I obviously said yes!
We got married a year later on 26th May, 2007! I was 22!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He is neither! We don't do an awful lot for Valentine's Day!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Definitely a movie on the couch kind of girl! With some wine and an indian takeout!
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Travel!! James is amazing to travel with and if we had unlimited funds, there are so many amazing places I would like to see with him. We plan on doing A LOT of travelling when the kids go to off to college. I'll only be about 47 when Nate goes... so young enough to still do a lot of stuff.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Absolutely nothing.... well nothing with hubby anyway. He is going to be in London for business for the whole day. I may do something with Ollie.... maybe a hot chocolate date after school or something :)
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Saying I love you everyday!
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Linking up to From Mrs. To Mama.