Thursday, January 12, 2012

What I'm Most Looking Forward To...

...About baby boy no. 2 being born!

I wrote a "What I'm Looking Forward To Most" list when I was expecting Ollie.  This time around, I'm looking forward to a few of the same things and some new things!


When I was expecting Ollie I wrote "I am really excited to actually give birth.  It's going to hurt a lot and everything but the pain is just a means to getting my baby at the end... and a baby at the end of the labour is totally worth it.  Also by giving birth I will have my own body back.  I have forgotten what it feels like to not be heavy and sore."


This time around, I am looking forward to hopefully having a better birth experience.  When I was pregnant with Ollie, I had no idea that his birth would go quite the way it did.  I am hopeful that this time around things will go more smoothly.  I want to enjoy it.


I couldn't WAIT for James to hold our Ollie for the first time... I wanted to see how they took to each other and to see the love between the two most important guys in my life.  This time.... as well as seeing James with our new baby.... I can't WAIT to see Ollie hold his baby brother for the first time.  I hope they are best buddies.


In my previous list I wrote about how excited I was to see how much alike Ollie would look like James.  James is so handsome and so I'm pleased as punch that Ollie looks like him.  This time around I'm looking forward to finding out if maybe this baby looks a little like me... maybe he will have dark hair!

Ollie started preschool in September, so for part of the day it will be just baby and I.  I'm excited to do the newborn thing again... go for walks, go to the library, chill out and snuggle together and then we go to pick Ollie up.  I imagine Ollie being really excited to see us at the school door and filling us in on his day.  I feel so lucky to be able to spend my days with my boys and be a SAHM... I couldn't imagine my life any other way.


I'm really looking forward to attending baby groups again.  I went when Ollie was little but obviously can't now that he is big and neither a baby or a toddler!  I want to make some new mummy friends as I really don't have many.

My mum always said that in having another baby, you aren't SHARING the love in your heart between both babies..... your heart grows and just has MORE love.  I can't wait to feel that.  I can't wait to feel a whole new explosion of love in my heart for my second little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment