Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies

I found this recipe on Buttercream Barbie and to say it's a good one is an understatement!  These are the best peanut butter cookies I've had.


Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes approximately 36 cookies

1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (about 190 C).

2.  In a large bowl, cream together the peanut butter, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla one at a time. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; stir into creamed mixture. With your hands, roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls (or use a cookie scoop). Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Press each ball with fork lines to create the crisscross pattern. 

3.  Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are just lightly browned. Do not overbake or they will not be chewy. Cool on cookie sheet. Store in an airtight container.

Try them :)  I had 4 for breakfast this morning..... naughty.

4 comments:

  1. If these are as good as you say they are I can never eat them. =) They wouldn't last more then five minutes in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I like PB cookies especially when they're chewy. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your cookies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love peanut butter cookies! Thanks for linking up the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete