Day to day I don't normally eat breakfast. I can't have milk so that rules out all cereals, and toast etc doesn't really do anything for me. Baked oatmeal is my new found mega brekkie!!! I made it with soya milk and didn't add any extra when it was ready. For Ollie, I poured a splash of semi skimmed over the top and he loved it too.
Baked Banana Oatmeal
2 cups of oats
1tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375C. Line a casserole dish with baking paper so oatmeal comes out easier.
2. Slice 2 bananas and layer some on the bottom of the dish. Set the rest to the side.
3. In a bowl combine all the dry ingredients.... in a seperate bowl combine all the wet ingredients and mash the remaining banana. Add this to the wet ingredients also. Pur the wet ingredients into the dry.
4. Pour into dish and top with remaining sliced banana. Sprinkle a little sugar on top (to personal taste).
5. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
6. Serve and splash milk on top OR NOT! :)