Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Goals!

I've been thinking about these for the last few days and have come up with some that I know will make a happier me and a happier home :)

1.  Keep on top of my daily chores better... I know that when my house is a mess and there are too many chores needing done, I'm not quite as relaxed, happy or fun to be around.  I have a picture in my head of the housewife I would like to become.

2.  I want to start saving... This year James and I got way out of the habit of putting money into savings... but saving money is the only way we will ever get to have a family holiday or similar.

3.  I must learn how to use my camera!  I got my lovely Nikon D3100 in April last year and have still to take it off the auto setting.  I want to take AMAZING photos with my camera.  I need to sit down and figure out where to start first.

4.  Learn to drive... to me this is a must this year.  I'm 27 and have never learnt how to drive a car.  With baby boy number 2 almost here now, I know it is something that we, as a family, are going to need.  I have paid for my lessons... I just need to wait until baby makes his appearance so I can start!  I am hoping I can learn before the summer!

5.  Say yes more often... I am guilty of saying "in a minute"and "not just right now" a bit too often, when I am busy.  I want to be able to say "yes of course" to Ollie more... and then get stuck in playing with him properly.  I need to remember that the thing I am doing can wait "a minute"...

6.  Have PROPER family time each evening... I know this one will be hard to get used to.  There is always someone using a computer, tv, phone or ipad.... Every night I want to set time aside where we use none of these things and really spend time together as a family.

7.  Learn to use my sewing machine... I got a sewing machine for my birthday in July and have never used it.  I don't yet know how!  I must learn, because there are so many things I want to make for myself and for my two boys!!

8.  Learn patience... yep.

9.  Blog more often... and about more interesting stuff!  My last blog became a bit of a niche about only pregnancy.... I want to use this blog to blog about everything happening in our life :)

10.  Read more books...

Fingers crossed I (we) can stick by these :)

1 comment:

  1. Your 2012 goals are awesome! I personally will be working on #8... patience :) I'm a new BloggyMoms follower and look forward to your future posts.
    Cheers,
    Tess
    www.inlovebythebeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete