Thursday, December 29, 2011

32 + 34 Week Pregnancy Update

I mentioned previously that I had spent a couple of days in hospital having contractions at 32 weeks.  It was scary.  They did a trace on baby's heartbeat, movements and my tightenings and we were able to see that the baby was healthy and happy.  I had 3 traces done in the time that I was there and each time it was noticed that I WAS having contractions but they weren't super strong and baby was still happy.  I was examined and told that the contractions were having no effect on my cervix, which was reassuring.

I was given the series of steroid injections (4 of them!) to mature baby's lungs faster in the event he might come early.

Things calmed down when we got home, but almost every day since, I have had an episode of tightenings/ contractions.... which could last anything from 45 minutes to 2 hours.  Each day I sit and wonder to myself if THIS is it because a pain might feel slightly different, or slightly stronger.  ONE of these days it will be the real thing and I will still be sitting wondering haha!  I am getting fed up not knowing though.... and am permanently on tenterhooks wondering.  I wonder will he keep me waiting 5 more weeks until his due date!  I know every day he is in there is a bonus.... but if he is going to be inside my belly for 5 more weeks, I wish the contractions would stop!

We had a consultant appointment at 33 weeks and saw the baby on the scan again.  It's incredible seeing how much he has grown and filled out!  The Dr. said that by his measurements on the scan he weighs about 5 1/2 lbs, so a very healthy weight so far!

While in the hospital the midwife measured me as being a week ahead (as had my Dr. the week before)... but the Dr. in the hospital said that they don't change the due date after the 20 week scan.  I am convinced I am not due on 3rd February but actually due on my ORIGINAL due date (according to LMP) of 27th or 28th January!


How far along? 35 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: + 11lbs.
Sleep: Sleeping really well generally!
Food cravings: Fruit juice, cheese, sour/ tangy/ fizzy things.
Best moment this week: Christmas Day and realising how different next Christmas will be.
Movement: CRAZY!
Gender: BOY!
Stretchies: A ton around my bellybutton now that weren't there before...
Belly Button in or out? Out.
What I miss: Iced coffee, brie, goats cheese.
What I am looking forward to: Meeting baby!
Symptoms: Sore hips, sore back, tiredness, contractions, sore nipples!
Milestones: We are nearly at just 1 month (30 days) until due date.
Emotions: Excited!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm Adrienne ~ live near Boston in the good ol' usa! Found you from "show off your shot" and am a sucker for a baby to be story. My kids are 24 and 21...it's a wonderful journey, and I wish you all the best! I'll be stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through blog frog! How exciting for another little boy, and I think your due date falls right on my due date for my second, he was due 2/3 but I had him on 1/29!

    Hopefully those contractions stay away!

    ReplyDelete