Wednesday, September 21, 2011

20 weeks pregnant!

Yep...



You may find it hard to believe, but I am only just now 20 weeks and 5 days pregnant!  My date was moved back by 6 days at our 20 week scan.  Baby was measuring a little bit smaller than he should have been but it isn't a worry.

The scan went well!  He was moving around a lot and the woman who did the scan was lovely and very reassuring throughout.  Everything is measuring ok... a little behind but she said unless the difference is 10 or more days there is no cause for concern.  My new due date is 3rd February.

Our little boy now measures 27cm and weighs about 360g.  That's a huge increase in the past fortnight isn't it!!

James and Ollie have both felt the baby move now and it is really cool.  I feel him wriggle and squirm and kick a lot under my hand... but a lot of the time it stops before James gets over to it.  He has felt it a number of times though.  Ollie wasn't that impressed.... I don't think he has as much of an idea of what it really means!

We have the most perfect name picked out for this little man, but it is top secret.  It clicked almost instantly and just sounds perfect.  It's a lovely fit with our family name and with Ollie's name too.


How far along? 20 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: +2lbs.
Sleep: Sleeping well.
Food cravings: Fruit juice, Indian food, sushi, cheese with tomatoes and crackers, fruit!
Best moment this week: Getting started on decorating the house in time for the baby coming!!
Movement: Lots of movement and the kicks are really strong!
Gender: BOY!
Stretchies: A couple around my belly button....
Belly Button in or out? Out and it makes me feel like throwing up!
What I miss: Iced coffee, brie, goats cheese, cider.
What I am looking forward to: Decorating the boys (love saying the boys) room!
Symptoms: Sore hips, sore back, tiredness, breathlessness!
Milestones: Finally 20 weeks!
Weekly wisdom: I have none!
Emotions: So excited.  We have baby's name picked and I feel like I know him already.

2 comments:

  1. Your tummy is so cute! Congrats! I am 29weeks 3 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I am 26w 3d awesome on the weightgain, I have surpassed you many times over!! :) Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete