Saturday, June 18, 2011

8 weeks pregnant + first bump picture!


Ta da!!!!

Introducing my 8 week bump!  I showed very early with Ollie and was in maternity trousers at 11 weeks, so I think this pregnancy is going the same way!

James and I have known we are pregnant for more than a month now and it has gone really fast!  If the rest of the pregnancy goes that fast there won't be time for patience and wishing the weeks away!  I'm not sure whether it's just that I am distracted because I have Ollie or if the nausea is making it all a blur.

The baby is now about the size of a pinto bean, about 1.5 - 2cm long.  So cute!  Apparently the baby is now moving loads though I won't feel it for a few weeks yet.... 

Nausea has really taken me aback!  Especially today.  I went to a coffee shop with James and I had iced coffee...... delicious.  I crave it all the time though only actually have it less than once a week.  When I got home I was violently sick.  I've only vomited a couple of times with this pregnancy and both times have been because of coffee.  I guess the baby doesn't like it!

We have told Ollie about the baby but because there is nothing to see and not enough change in my belly, he doesn't really understand.  I think it will sink in more with him when he can feel the baby kicking and when we go for our gender scan at 20 weeks, we will take him with us.

I am EXHAUSTED.  I never knew the meaning of extreme tiredness until now.

All these symptoms are great though and I shall not complain!  They are all proof that everything is going well and baby is ok!

I had my first Dr. visit and he has sent off my letter to the hospital for my booking in appointment at 11/ 12 weeks.  I can't wait to see the baby again in just 3ish weeks.


How far along? 8 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: 2lbs so far.
Sleep: I wake every single night very very early morning (3 or 4am) to pee. ANNOYING.
Food cravings: Steak, iced coffee, pickled onion meanies, poached eggs.
Best moment this week: My date with James this morning, my first Dr. appointment.
Movement: Not yet!
Gender: Only 12 weeks until we can find out!
Stretchies: None yet.
Belly Button in or out? Still in.
What I miss: Goats cheese.... and brie.
What I am looking forward to: The next scan in 3 or 4 weeks!
Symptoms: Nausea, exhaustion, frequent peeing, bigger boobs!
Milestones: We are now further on than my 2 miscarriages, huge sense of relief!
Weekly wisdom: Nap!
Emotions: Up one minute and down the next! Haha. HORMONES.

10 comments:

  1. yayy!! :) Hope you are feeling well!!! Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eep, that was suppose to be stinkin' cute! Not stinky cute! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for you!! Your little bump is so stink cute, I am at 17 week right now! I will have to keep checking in to your blog and see you updates since we are close!

    Oh, iced coffee, my dearest love! I have made the gradual switch to decaf, slowly of course because no caffiene has been giving me terrible headaches this pregnancy as well! Warm wishes to you that the nausea will pass, and your little pinto bean is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute little bump!! I miss eating brie, too! Not much longer, though! Hopefully your nausea will subside soon. Do they sell emetrol over there? That is what my doctor told me to take when I was vomiting. It is actually a children's medicine, so it is safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are teeny tiny and sooooo cute! Hope you start feeling well soon :) And I hope that you are able to spend time lying on the sofa doing nothing but making sure Ollie isn't getting hurt :P That's what I did the 2nd, 3rd and 4th time... as much as I could anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful! Well, not the nausea :( But so glad that this pregnancy is going well. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the nausea passes soon.

    What a cute belly you have, so happy for you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! You look darling! I always show WAY early too with all my pregnancies. I am glad that I am not the only one! :)
    I am your newest follower from the hop and I would love to have you follow back! :)
    Camille @
    SixSistersStuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete