Thursday, June 2, 2011

6 Weeks Pregnant!

It's weird being at the start again.... but the weeks are going fast at the moment (I know it has only been 2 weeks!!). It has been more than 3 years since I was pregnant with Ollie and I'm looking forward to going through the experience of pregnancy again.... and you know what? I have a really good feeling. I didn't have a positive feeling or a bad feeling the last 2 times... I had no feeling about whether things were going ok or not..... but I have a feeling this little bean is going to stick.

I've had 2 milestones in the back of my mind and I'm already past one of those (1. the first miscarriage, the baby stopped growing at 6 weeks and we lost it closer to 9 weeks.... 2. the second miscarriage took place at 5 weeks). I've past the 2nd milestone already and I am getting super super dark tests (I am a testing maniac!). I will have an early scan on Tuesday and I am hoping we see our little bean flashing on the screen and that will be the other milestone done and dusted and then hopefully I will relax a lot more.

Symptoms wise my boobs are KILLING me. OUCHY! They have also grown already and all my bras feel too small. Surely it wouldn't be wise to buy new bras yet as I am sure my boobs will get even bigger. The relief I feel taking my bra off at the end of the day is tremendous haha! Tiredness has set in too.... I'm pretty shattered a lot of the time.

I've also put weight on already! Eek.... I can't seem to stop eating!

This week our baby is about the size of a cupcake sprinkle. This week the baby's gender is being determined and the baby's heart has started beating.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you and have been keeping you and the new baby in my thoughts and prayers. I felt the same way during my first few weeks [the sore breasts and couldn't stop eating!] Looking forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Hope the scan goes well and I totally know what you mean about taking off your bra at the end of the day, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!

    Hope all goes well with that first scan.
    I do remember how it feels after a mis.

    All best wishes coming your way

    carol

    ReplyDelete