Friday, May 20, 2011

A bit of a catch up!

Ollie and I are sick..... AGAIN!  We both have chest infections.  My ribs, back, stomach and neck are all sooooore from coughing so much.  Please keep your fingers crossed that we recover soon and stay well!  We have had recurrent sickness in this household for about 3 months!  It would be nice to get a couple of months in where no-one got sick!

Our little man turns 3 in about 2 weeks time!  Crazy!  We are having a Mickey Mouse themed party here at the house and he wants me to make him a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake!  I'll try my best!  We have bought him his very first bike for his birthday and also some Lego and a Mickey Mouse Play Tent.  I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said he wants to go to feed the ducks and then to the Transport museum to see the trains.  We will be doing that on the Saturday and having his party on the Sunday.

The last weekend in April, I became Godmother to an amazing/ gorgeous little boy called Leo.  He is the son of a very dear/ very old (I've known her for 13 years!) friend and I was pleased as punch that she asked me to play that role in his life.  I couldn't ask for a lovelier Godson!  The ceremony was in England, so I went away for the weekend to England all by myself leaving James and Ollie here on their own!  It all went well!

Ollie tells me cute things these days like "I'm happy you're here mummy" and James worked so hard in the past year that his work saw fit to give him a payrise.... Yay to hardworking husbands!

AND.... we got a dog.  I will devote a post entirely to her!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get better soon!

    And the birthday party sounds fun.
    Can't wait to see it. My little guy turned 3 in April and we're still waiting for better weather to have his party outside.

    Congrats on being a godmother and on the doggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love birthdays! Duck feeding and train watching sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 3rd Birthday, Ollie!
    Sounds like he knows exactly how he wants to celebrate his birthday. :)

    Hope you are all feeling better soon

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon... looking forward to your new family member ( dog) post. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete