Friday, May 7, 2010

Potty training put on PAUSE!

For just a couple of weeks.  We gave it a go for more or less 3 days straight and it just wasn't happening.  In 2 1/2 days there had been numeous sits on the potty, but only one wee in there.  All the other wees of the day had been done on my floor... nothing seemed to clicked.  So were stopping and were going to try again in a fortnights time.  I think we may continue to have bare bottom time before bed and encourage him to sit on the potty for a few minutes just before bed to get him used to the idea of weeing in there.  He does understand that with no nappy on, that he should not pee on the floor, but he can't help it.  He gets upset and says "uh oh wee wee".

I dislike potty training already....and we haven't even truly begun!!

6 comments:

  1. i can help, let me know and i write about it on my blog so you can read it. i started my 2 1/2 yr old on may 1st and he is almost potty trained. thank you for becoming a follower! i will follow you, let me know if you want any help.

    Thanks
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower, I found you through Friday follow!

    I hope you will come check out my blog out as well! I have a toddler too- and I will be reading here again to see how you tackle potty training- so scary! :)

    Have a great weekend!

    Shannon
    http://milkandcuddles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been potty training since Dec...it so sucks! My son will go every hour when I take him but won't go on his own or tell me he has to go.

    I keep hearing it can take 3 days to a YEAR. It better not take a year! Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried and failed at potty training for so long. Then one day my daughter used her potty chair without me telling her to. It was a miracle! Good luck and I hope you have a miracle too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Potty training can be a major challenge unless you have a 'plan'. I always recommend finding a potty training program that you think will fit your parenting style, and then following it to a 'T'. I wrote a guide a while back that goes over all the different methods out there...you might find it interesting. The link below takes you to Amazon.com, where the guide is written.

    http://tinyurl.com/25lctbx

    Congratulations, though, on talking the initiative. Potty training is HARD WORK but so worth it end the end!

    Warmly,
    Suzanne Riffel, author of 'The Potty Boot Camp: Basic Training for Toddlers'
    www.thepottybootcamp.com

    ReplyDelete