Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My Handsome Hubby Turned 30!



We had a wonderful long weekend for my hubby's 30th. He took Friday and Monday off so we had 4 days together!

On Friday, I got Ollie up so James could have a bit of a lie-in and at 9.30 I sent Ollie up the stairs to wake him up so we could give him his presents. He already had a few pressies from me (new jeans, tshirts and trainers) so Ollie and I made a little bag full of nic-nacs.. including hot sauce, beef jerky and boxers! James wanted to take Ollie to Mookie World (a really lovely brand new soft play place!) so we did that, met his sister (and our niece and nephew) and his mum.

After Mookie World, we went to Little Wing Pizzeria... really cute smallish pizza place, that James swears sells the best pizza not in Italy. I had goats cheese, artichoke hearts, carmelised red onion and pesto on mine and James had some sort of spicy sausage. Ollie had his very own kids meal, which comprised of dough sticks with garlic butter for dipping, a tiny margherita pizza and a bowl of icecream.

Ollie spent the whole day in the BEST mood we have seen in a long time. It was wonderful.

James sister and her boyfriend, Paddy arrived about 10pm I think after having bad delays on their flight over from London, but we had enough time to have a few drinks and chat together before everyone was tired for bed.

On Saturday we went for a gorgeous dinner at Made In Belfast. I had tomatoes on toast for starter (not as boring as it sounds... it was actually homemade bread, homemade chutney, wilted spinach, slow roasted herby tomatoes and parmesan shavings on top... divine!) and for my main I had salmon served on colcannon mash with vegetables and a caper vinegarette. Everyone finished their meals, which to me is a good indication that it was a fab choice. I can never finish a starter and main but the portion size was just perfect and I left feeling full but comfortable after eating the whole lot. We had the waiter bring out a cake with candles on top that spelled out 'thirty' and James was mortified!

After dinner we went to a pub called Katy Daly's and met some of our friends. We went to Katy Daly's while waiting for a club called 'The Limelight" to open. We have not been there in about 4 years. Seriously. It has been that long since I went to a club. It was a great night with dancing and drinks galore and we left at 2.15am!!

We spent the main part of Sunday on an unplanned roadtrip (which I will write about in another post) and we went to mum's on the way back. Mum cooked a wonderful Jamie Oliver stew for James made with shin beef and red wine. It was delicious. We stayed at mum's because James had done far far too much driving on our mini roadtrip!

We didn't do much of anything yesterday.

I love having James off work and I think Ollie does too. I think the whole weekend wore Ollie out because this morning he slept until 8.30am!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a fantastic birthday weekend for all of you!

    ReplyDelete