Thursday, October 8, 2009

Did I tell you about the bad haircut?

I don't think I did!!

As you know I cut Ollie's hair myself a few weeks ago. Well it was starting to go fuzzy again so I set him down and got out the clippers. The clippers we have have guides with numbers... you know, a number 3, a number 1 etc. Well I couldn't find the guide I had used the last time (it had a little button that you press and it popped off the clippers easily), but there was a similar guide, the only difference being that it had no little button. I checked the number and went ahead with my cutting.

The first glide over his head and I was nearly sick! It was far far too short! What happened?! I checked the guide again and then looked at the numbers on the rest of the guides in the set. I realised my massive (but easily made) mistake. The number I was looking at was '3mm'. Not a 'number 3', which I had used the last time. After a bit of a search through the bag I found a guide that said "number 1 (3mm)". I felt so awful!!! I had no choice but to cut the rest of it or it would have looked ridiculous.

James was having a lie-in at the time so I took Ollie upsairs to give him a bath. As I was running the bath I audibly said "Ollie, you have to tell daddy not to be cross at mummy and tell him it was a mistake." James didn't mind. (James normally cuts his hair to a 'number 1' anyway) But I was so upset. I kept apologising to Ollie.

It was too raw and upsetting for me to post pictures a few weeks ago, but now that it is growing back, I think I would feel ok with you all seeing my bad mummy moment!!

7 comments:

  1. Aww! I just cut my son's hair this past Monday and was terrified of a slip up but as I was doing it I thought to myself... its just hair! You're not a bad mommy - he looks cute and it will grow back in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would upset me if I did this to one of my boys too. But your son looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably feel the exact same way but he still looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He does look adorable but I know the feeling! Not just with my kids but me too! (My last post was called "Bad Hair Day!")

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks cute and has a perfect shaped head for his hair cut!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I figure it's just hair. It'll grow back. :-)

    Your little Ollie is really adorable!

    Visiting you from SITS. Hope you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete