Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Contented Baby...

I have had the Gina Ford, Contented Baby Book on my shelf since before Ollie was born.  It was given to me by the person I bought our pram off, as a freebie.  I never read it having heard that Gina Ford's routines are too strict and her methods too hard on little babies.  Last night I picked it up to have a little look and it looks good.  I now wish I had started these routines a long time ago with Ollie.  We are starting today.  She has laid out different routines for different ages and shows the changes you have to make in that month to jump onto the next routine.  She even has a weaning schedule which is just fab.

In her book, she reckons a baby of 4 months should pretty much be sleeping through from 7pm to 7am having had sufficient naps and feeds during the day.  Today is the first day that I am giving this a shot so I will let you know how it goes tonight.

I have to admit that the routine is VERY structured but for a control freak like me that's exactly what we need.

Fingers crossed that we can get Ollie sleeping through!!

1 comment:

  1. good luck! We are trying so hard to put Jackson on a schedule too! We've got his nighttime routine and bedtime down, now if we could just get his naps in place!

    ReplyDelete