Thursday, March 27, 2008

Third Trimester finally! (82 days to go!)

So I am in the 3rd trimester now!

I have been pregnant now for 198 days and I have only 82 days to go! Our baby is growing so fast these days and now measures about 15 inches long and weighs about 2 and a half pounds.

I really feel like I am in the home stretch now and go from feeling like I have been pregnant forever to wishing I had more than 12 weeks left. I don't think anyone can be truly prepared for their first baby and I'm really nervous! At the same time though I can't wait to see bubs and see what he looks like and be able to finally cuddle him. I imagine it will feel quite strange getting my body back and not being able to feel him move etc. I totally forgot I had a bump a couple of weeks ago and proceeded to lie on my belly in front of the tv only to jump up startled a millisecond later realising i had squashed my bump. It was quite sore.

The baby's movement is increasing by the day and although it's great to feel it sometimes it goes on for too long and I have to be sick. James and I sometimes watch my whole belly move and it is very strange but lovely to know he is getting so strong, healthy and big.


The baby can now open his eyes and recognises light from the outside. He is currently growing little fingernails and is putting on layers of fat to be able to cope with being outside the womb.

Our antenatal classes start in a couple of weeks and we are both looking forward to these. Hopefully it will help me (and James) feel less nervous about the birth and will hopefully prepare James so he can be helpful when the time comes. We are given a tour of the delivery suites and everything so I can't wait. There are 5 classes in total and I feel good knowing that they are to prepare us for the baby coming and the care of the baby after it has arrived.

It is a great (and overwhelming) feeling knowing he is going to be here in 3 months time!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Em,
    Have you any idea about a birthing plan yet? I have had all mine very naturally and while I realise that is not for everyone, if you have any questions just ask. I have used a birthing pool twice and actually delivered in it once. I have also used a tens machine.
    Drop you're auntie Gem an email.
    Love reading your blog and sharing your excitement. I'm guessing Auntie Marie's do is a bit close to the big day for you to be coming.
    See ya,
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete